Ford Aerodrome

RNAS Ford (HMS Peregrine)

The origins of Ford as an aerodrome go back to 1917 and was used as training station leading up to the Battle of Britain.
Initially as HMS Peregrine and then as RAF Station Ford)
18th August 1940 - memorial in Clymping Churchyard  28 killed
Night fighters and bombers
Reverted to HMS Peregrine after the war until decommissioning in 1958 when the site was returned to agriculttural use and som eof the buildings became an open prison.

Previous page: Photos of St Andrew's
Next page: 18th August 1940